Reviews

Friday, July 18, 2014

What I want to be when I grow up?

Yes it's true, sad but true. I am 34 years old and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. When I was younger, I wanted to be a wife and mother. I always wanted to have a husband, some one to love me and spend the rest of my life with. Well I've been, married for 11 years to my husband and best friend and have 5 wonderful children. But now that I have that, I want a career. Not just a "job" but a career in the field I want to be in. Not as easy as I thought and hoped it would be.
   In 11th grade I went to vocational school for 2 years for Food Management and Culinary Arts. As a child I have always loved to cook, but I loved baking even more. I wanted to be a Pastry Chef and have a little bakery. But at 17 I got pregnant with my first child. So becoming  a Chef had to be put on hold.
      I started in the home field when I was 19. I kind of had to, I had my first child and needed a good job. After a year, I really enjoyed working and helping the elderly. They had a lot to teach me and easy to get along with. I stayed in the for about 11 years, and after seeing close patients die I couldn't do it anymore. And I wanted to stay home with my children. I worked off and on and really enjoyed being home with my kids. I still love to cook and bake and would still love to have a Bakery. But I just don't have the confidants in myself to go back to school and try to open a Bakery. I am 2 years away from having all of my children in school and really need to decide what I want to do as my career.
   Does any other moms out there have the same problem or is it just me? How did you decide what you wanted to do?


                                                     
                                                  For now, being a wife and mom is my job.


No comments: