Reviews

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dealing with Doctor's

Being a parent, you have to deal with doctor's. Being a parent to a child that has Dwarfism, you have to deal with many doctor's. My son Urijah just turned 3 the 17th of July and he was born with Dwarfism. It's a long story but I will keep it short.


Urijah had a rough start his first week of life. He wasn't breathing when he was born, and we almost lost him. But Thank God he pulled through and is a healthy happy 3 year old. We had to take him to many Doctor's and MANY appointments. Every Doctor said that he beat the odds and is a normal child, but just short.


He recently had some skin issues that pop up out of nowhere. We know that he had a reaction to bug bits. He had a mosquito bit on his arm that made his whole arm swell up. The skin on his arm started to open up and bleed a little. We took him to the Doctors and they didn't do a thing. So my husband and I decided that he could only go outside for a short amount of time, and had to have bug spray on. But recently something new started popping up on him.

 
Urijah started getting big red, sore, itchy red welts on his body. My husband and I thought it was bug bites, but he hasn't been outside in a week. So once again we took him to the Doctors, and they did nothing. I showed the picture to my friends on facebook. Two of my friends (both nurses) said it was hives. One of my friends has hives and my other friend, her son has hives. They both said that I should demand to be sent to an Allergist or Dermatologist. I told my husband, he jumped on the phone, yelled at the Doctor and got results. They recommended Urijah to an Allergist. As parents, should we really have to get to the point of yelling at Doctor's to get something done. We are the parents, we live with our children everyday, we know something is wrong when it comes to our children. Doctor's need to listen parent's, and take us seriously.

No comments: